Technology makes our life easier ?

Hello everyone, how’s your Tuesday ? I hope it goes well with you. For me, I spent my evening to read up the second book from one of my favorite series, and will continue the third one which is the final one later.

What ? ‘Manually’ ? You mean I still went bookstore and buy books ? Yes, I’m still going to bookstore to buy books to read. For a book lover like me, I would have to spend quite some money in the bookstore to buy the book I want. But now with the advance of technology, I can actually save pretty a lot with just buying a Kindle.

So, what is a kindle ?

The Amazon Kindle is a series of e-book readers produced by Amazon.com. Amazon Kindle devices enable users to shop for, download, browse, and read e-booksnewspapers, magazines, blogs, and other digital media via wireless networking.[1] The hardware platform, developed byAmazon.com subsidiary Lab126, began as a single device and now comprises a range of devices – most using an E Inkelectronic paper display capable of rendering 16 tones to simulate reading on paper while minimizing power consumption. (Source from Wikipedia)

After all, this is one of the advantages of technology, it is much more convenient with just bringing a kindle out instead of a book which is quite thick and heavy in weight. Also, we would be able to find any kind of book or even magazines that we want and just download from the kindle. It is really a well made product for those book worm that will pay regular visit to bookstore and spending time finding the book.

However, I would still prefer of going bookstore and spending time for hours by going through pages by pages and decide which to buy. Well, I like having the smell of new book on hands. And I am actually real excited whenever I get to hold the book and feel the thickness of it. Ha !

Still, advantages of technology is undeniable has quite a big influence on us and our life. Is all depend on us how to deal with it and utilize the tools, ain’t you think so ?

(:

Chee Hoi.

Reference :

Amazon Kindle. (2013). Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Retrieved March 12, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/

wiki/Amazon_Kindle

One thought on “Technology makes our life easier ?

1. Pingback: It's all about the ICT and Pedagogy EDC 3100 » Books or ICTs?